DC1400 stuck buttons

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

onefastpony

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I know this has been hit on in the past but my DC1400 has the shutter button stuck in the down position. I've rinsed and rinsed and get get it unstuck.

I know this has been hit on in the past but my DC1400 has the shutter button stuck in the down position. I've rinsed and rinsed and get get it unstuck.

I had the same issue but mine was from new, the button was rubbing on the housing but I could push it back manually
They have agreed to replace it just impossibly slow - Not happy with Escuba at all..

I had the same issue but mine was from new, the button was rubbing on the housing but I could push it back manually
They have agreed to replace it just impossibly slow - Not happy with Escuba at all..

That's what mine was doing. After rinsing and drying it I opened the case and began to manually push the button back up. It seems to have worn it in a bit since the shutter button has reset. It just suck for it to get stuck while in use under water since there is nothing that can be done

Billunder, I had contacted Escuba to see what was happening and they said they had the housing and all should be resolved now. How is everything?

Billunder, I had contacted Escuba to see what was happening and they said they had the housing and all should be resolved now. How is everything?

All is working great, no more issues with the button, like I had said mine was different you could see where the button was rubbing on the housing and it happend from the start -
I have purchased a small low pressure all in one pump so as soon as I get out of the water the camera is rinsed before it can dry - Just need to get my head around the white balance / presets.

I have the DC1000 and mine sticks too. It happend on my last trip 2 weeks ago. It eventually started working again but I missed some nice shots of a lionfish.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom