DC1200 Green pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rksmith

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am having real problems with my DC1200. All my pics are green. I have set the camera up correctly (I believe) to use with the external flash but perhaps am doing something wrong. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Couple of quick questions first:

Confirm it's set to the correct mode (it's easy to set it wrong).
Does the flash fire?
Does the camera work fine (right colour) on land?
Can you post an image?

A quick check with mine showed that I could get nice green images out of it by using it indoors, having the WB set to daylight, and using the flash as the main lighting source.

coop

Thanks Coop......it is definitely set to auto, underwater with flash. The flash fires and the camera takes beautiful pics on land. Here is a pic. PICT0013.jpg Thanks for your help.

The pics are not green it's the water, its difficult that I have seen to get the green gone. Best thing I have gotten is to switch it to manual white balance and set it as you go. Or what you can do once your ready same Idea go into the white balance settings and make sure it's set to "Auto" or the correct water color. I believe my first time out the white balance was set to blue I was in same waters you are in a quarry.

That pic looks like all the pics I get from my local lake. Interestingly, the lake does not appear that color at all when viewed with the white balance setting my eyeballs use. :blinking:

Just got back to the board tonight and I agree with the others; that's the water colour you're seeing. Setting a custom white balance would probably help.

I agree with the others. It's the water. We have that lovely green shade off Long Island as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom