dc1200 grainy pictures?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

X22098

Reaction score
hey,
I just got the sealife dc1200 for my girlfriend for christmas and i was trying it out and getting it all set up for her before we go on our trip to flordia , and the pictures that i was taking were looking very grainy? everytime i was taking a picture it shows slow shutter speed icon? I guess the question i have is, is this the way the pictures will look all the time on land because this camera is really meant for underwater? any info would be great thanks in advance

hey,
i have also got problems with my DC1200. when i first got the camera i noticed the pictures on land were not that great but im now getting major problems with the underwater pics too.
the pictures are coming out to extremely dark.
the view window the picture looks perfect but when you take the picture it then goes very dark, this was very annoying when i was in thailand and none of the pictures were coming out like the view window! i have also been testing it out of water with the underwater setting and it still does the same!
I have tried the manual white balance during the dive but this does not work, the view window looks like the picture should do but as soon as you take it, the actual picture turns out to be extremely dark or sometimes black.
Sealife sent me a response to reset the camera which i have done on every dive but it doesnt make a slight bit of difference.
Does anyone on here knows how to get this camera to work properly on land and underwater? i have wasted some amazing moments trying to mess about with the silly thing in order to take a picture.

thanks

I have run into a couple of issues with my DC1000. Technical support for Sealife is one of the best you will find. shoot out an email to them.

ok thanks you for the info i was pretty sure that the camera was not suppose to be taking pictures like this i will throw an email to sealife support and see what comes up thanks for your responce i will post a fix if this works

If you would like, I could take a look at some of the pics that you are not happy with and let you know if something is going wrong with the camera. The only thing is that I need to get the pictures in their original form, unedited and not having the name changed. I can take a look at the data from the camera that way.

If you want, PM the pics to me and I will get back to you with my findings.

Joe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom