DC 800 strobe arm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ZoSo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a DC800 and was wondering if you make an extension for the flexible strobe arm. Sea & sea looks the same are they compatible? I posted before but the Sealife people never responded. Thanks, Bo

SeaLife uses Loc-Line as their flex arm. Surprisingly you can get loc-line at many aquarium dealers. See Loc-Line.com

Personally, I am in the market for a double arm system and recently found what appears to be a good deal at OpticalOceanSales.com, but I am having trouble finding an adapter to fit the digital pro strobe from SeaLife. My plan is to mount my UK Light Canon on one side with my strobe on the other.

I am planning to make a trip to Seattle soon to figure out how to make those arms work.

I have a DC800 and was wondering if you make an extension for the flexible strobe arm. Sea & sea looks the same are they compatible? I posted before but the Sealife people never responded. Thanks, Bo
If you have taken the foam padding off your strobe, you will find that Loc-Line is the manufacturer of the strobe arm links. I use the DC600 Elite and received a Pro strobe as a present. Recently, I took two links off my old strobe and added them to my 940 digital strobe (They are designed to interlink)

After cleaning the links individually, I used it this past weekend and loved the extended 4" it gave me to get the lighting just the way I wanted. Adding links may be an alternative to your present situation.

I am sure non-SeaLife strobes will work with SeaLife cameras, you just need to play with the settings to get the flash to sync with the strobe... most strobes come with flash links to sync your camera...

Thank you Stickman & Cooltech, I just ordered a 6" section from MarineDepot.com $6.50, the shopping is $7. You made my day. I also just received the diffuser that I ordered from Dolphin Scuba Center, haven't used it yet but really needed it when I used the camera for the first time in Little Cayman last month, some pictures were over exposed. Thanks again, Bo.

ZoSo,

The defuser is fantastic, it should be a standard offering with the camera when new, albeit I am using it on a DC1000, the effect should be the same.

Especially where the water is a bit murky and has a lot of suspended particles, the defuser seems to really help.

Cheers

rainsey

ZoSo,

How has the extension worked out?

Scott

One more question - I just had my flash apart and the links measure 1" on the male end, 1.25" on the female. Which link set did you order?

LocLine is measured according to the inner diameter (ID)> Locline See page 2 (4th page of the PDF file)

Thanks to everyone one this thread, very useful info.

I managed to extend the length of my strobe arm and I also rigged an arm to hold my iTorch dive lamp (with a broom clamp!) for UW night video.

For those up in Canada, I found World Tools (in Ontario) had the best prices for Loc-lines. 32$ including shipping for all the parts than I needed (and extras).

Worldtools | Loc-Line Modular Hose, Ridgid & Hand Tools, Machine Shop, Marking Products, Material Handling, Electrical, Safety - Worldtools

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom