DC 600 Help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sharkee

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello.
I recently purchased a DC600 Sealife camera and took it to Palau. What a HUGE disappointment! Does anyone have any pointers on how to get the most out of this camera? I'm sure it's something I've done wrong as all the write-ups have been positive. Please help!:shakehead

I'll find a few picts to send but in general they are all so dark. I have a digital strobe and have tried every setting, both on the camera and the flash. One tip I get was to set the white balance to >25 feet, but again, dark picts! I can't even take indoor photos as they come out unrecognizable. I'm thinking it might be the camera itself and I can send it back, but not sure if anyone has anything to try.
Thanks for any info. Once I get a few picts I'll forward them along.
Thanks!

If your pics are dark the link my not be lined up ok. check to make sure you have not tightened the fiber optic cable too tight as this will not allow the light to travel to the strobe and wont allow it to fire. If your camera is set to the external flash setting and you flash is firing (look and see) then you need to turn your power up to ge tthe shots. To me it sounds like the strobe is not firing. I did not mess with any of the settings and here are a couple of my pics with a DC500 (pretty much the exact same camera). I am not a pro by any means or standards, in fact I am just learning.
079.JPG

0121.JPG

173.JPG

060.JPG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom