DC 1400 Pro Duo- Which settings do you recommend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RTZR

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi 2 all divers,
My name is Nic and i am 33 years old. Last year was diving in Egypt with a rented camera and it was so much fun that i bought the dc1400 with light and strobe this year.

I will go to Ko Phi Phi in 4 weeks to enjoy some dives. That is why i would like to ask you kindly if you can help me with the basic settings and some hints for beginners to get the maximum out with this new camera on my first dives. It would be very helpful and it would save me a lot of time.Thanks.

The biggest question I have is about the video light. Do you recommend selcting a mode inside the battery case with flash cancellation=on and what are the exact benefits of using it? Which mode do you recommend in general?

For snorkeling, I think i will go out without the light and the strobe. What snorkel mode do you recommend for the Andaman sea? Blue or Green water?

Many Thanks for any of your recommendation in advance and always "good air",

Nic

Edit 1: Today i was in the swimming pool for getting used to the camera. Pix came out nicely ;D. I went inside mode "C" which means flash cancellation is on and the fact i noticed was that the flash did not dimm at all. Maybe it was not deep and dark enough (approx 7 feet) for the automatic detection? On some close ups I clearly can see a hotspot from the video light.

Last edited:
Hi guys, here is an update: I have tested the flash cancellation in a dark room and it worked well -> the video light has turned off for 2 seconds.

But still I do not know if it is recommeded to turn it on before a dive.

Thank you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom