DC 1200 battery pack won't stay in place - Pound Sand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveLvr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a DC 1200 and was on a photo taking dive. My DC 1200 malfunctioned, i.e. the battery pack disengages and thus no power. As for taking pictures on the trip I didn't get to take any. The camera's little orange "clip" that holds the battery pack in place is not strong enough or is not propoerly designed to hold the spring loaded battery pack in place. The clip holds the battery for a while but josteling the camera (like when you move the camera from the car to the boat) tends to shake the battery loose. Sealifes' responce: tough tacos. They said they can't repair the defect and they don't have another camera to give me. My camera is about 2 years old and the last model. I could understand not servicing a DC 600 or 800. They did say I could buy a DC 1400. Yea, that's what I'll do. Buy another camera from Sealife that is obsolete by the time I get it out of the box and surpassed by a DC 1600 (or whateveer) and not be able to get parts or repair for the 1400.

Just poor quality product and now the service is following the product. Shame.

DOug

Can't quite vizulise your problem if its a battery pack could you try a piece of electrical tape or something just to keep it in place, if its some sort of battery that's inserted like a cell phone try wedging in a piece of bathroom tissue or something of the sort. Hope this helps. Sucks that they won't do anything for you.

Jean:
I did end up cutting a strip from a business card and folding it over once. I'll see how that works. I dive on The Mighty O this weekend, hope my fix works.

Surprised Sealife isn't able to help you. Generally their customer service is A+.

Every camera you buy is obsolete when you buy it, no matter the brand. Electronics are like that.

Back
Top Bottom