DB4- Why the change over the DS4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buddhasummer

Down under...
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Can Mr or Mrs Apeks please advise exactly what the point of the DB4 is. Is it an improvement in some way over the DS4? I can only see a change to the enviro sealing end which to me looks more negative than positive, it now uses a plastic end cap which requires a specialized tool to remove and torque correctly and has also introduced two new O rings. Also will these two new O rings be added to the existing "universal" service kit or will the DB4 have its own unique service kit. Thank you in advance.

I got an answer to one of my questions, yes, the two extra O rings are now included in the "universal" service kit. That's a small blessing.

looks like they're making two new "lines" of regs since the first stages for the "XTX" line are 20 years old, and the second stages are what they are.
Looks like the MTX is their new "fancy" looking reg since it can't beat the Norsok certified regs, an the XL4 is a new "lightweight" set. I suspect the DB4 is a few ounces lighter than the DS4 because of the new cap and they're marketing the XL4 as a "weight savings option"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom