Daytona Beach Diving Charter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

darylm74

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone use Sea Dogs for diving? I am going to be down at the end of June and wanted to get a few warm water dives in. They seem to be the only one in the area. I am willing to drive a bit further if there is something better and perhaps with a more regular schedule.

Hello fellow Pittsburgher! :happywave:

I was just in Daytona Beach and I used Discover Diving Dive Center in Port Orange, about 20 minutes south of the speedway. Absolutely amazing staff who will go out of their way to help anyone from out of town. They do not do charters, but I tagged along with one of their trips to Blue Grotto and had a absolute blast! Ask to speak with Brian or Michele...I'm sure they will help you in any way they can!

With that being said, I have heard great things about Sea Dogs, so I would definitely check them out, but I would also contact Discover Diving because if they happen to have a trip or something that you can go on, I know you'll have a great experience!

Good luck, happy diving, and enjoy visiting one of my favorite areas of Florida :wink:

Go to sea dogs!!! They have a great staff and are a blast to go out with!! I am not saying this because I used to work there. While living in Daytona and working at 2 different shops and knowing all the players in the area they will be the best operation to go offshore with and spearfish if you want to do that too! Just call the shop or stop by and tell them Nichols said to stop by! Keith will take care of you and if Lisa is still there she is a great dive master and a hoot to have on the boat! It's not really worth driving south unless you go way south! Sea Dogs will take you out and show you a great time as long as the weather holds!
Happy diving!

Sea Dogs is good for diving up that way. But the diving is not all that great. For great florida diving, go down to Jupiter. quite a few members of my dive club live around Orlando and Daytona and come down to Jupiter for diving. We're known for great reefs, BIG sealife, turtles and sharks. Check out www.stuartscuba.com as they are a big supporter of the Vero Beach Scuba Club (find us on Facebook!)

I am a little late but I like Sea Dogs and the dive sites. Fewer operators means less traffic on the sites. They do a lot of spearfishing so if you are not into that, you may want to talk to them first. Did you end up using them?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom