Daypack for fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
WeRtheOcean

WeRtheOcean

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Hello, fellow fin-wearers,

My use case is rather niche, which may explain why I haven't found information on this. Sometimes, I combine trail walking with wild swimming. The problem is that a regular daypack, such as one would wear on a day hike, is too small to carry my fins conveniently. The fins stick out the top, preventing the pack from zipping shut. This in turn requires jerry-rigging some means of holding the zippers in place so they don't work open and spill the pack contents. Conversely, the usual gear bags designed for carrying fins (and everything else) are too big and cumbersome for convenient trail walking.

I would like a nice compact means of carrying my fins (and mask and snorkel) on the trail when hiking to a wild swimming location; preferably to be worn like a daypack. The fins are the SeaDive SeaDart, to give you an idea of the size. Does anything like this exist or will I need to design and build one myself?

You need a backpack with compression straps or bungees what run across the front. Put your regular gear inside the backpack and zip it up. Then put your fins on the outside and run the straps across them and fasten and tighten. Voila.

Perhaps?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom