Dave M., Tulum Mexico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jagfish

The man behind the fish
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
With great sadness, I learned from family that a former diver with our group here in Japan passed in July 2020. Dave was an avid diver here in Japan for several years (2009-2011?), while he was active duty here in the Tokyo area. After Dave rotated back to the US, he completed a PhD and then retired from the military a couple of years ago. Always an active (certified) cave diver, Dave moved to Tulum Mexico where he did most of his cave diving, to dedicate himself to the pursuit, ultimately becoming involved in cave system exploration. I followed Dave on Facebook and would hear from him occasionally. I was surprised and saddened to learn through a post from his family that Dave passed away in an undescribed cave diving accident in July.
543472-ca7c9691d9170a3ff8231d2d9473e2cc.jpg

I'll always remember Dave for his enthusiasm for diving, cooking skills and dry sense of humor.

His family asks that anyone who might have pictures with him to send along. I'll be collecting those and forward as I receive. If by chance anyone has any photos, please contact me by PM to send.

Jim in Japan

Attachments

• DaveMMotosuko1.jpg
    DaveMMotosuko1.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 110
With great sadness, I learned from family that a former diver with our group here in Japan passed in July 2020. Dave was an avid diver here in Japan for several years (2009-2011?), while he was active duty here in the Tokyo area. After Dave rotated back to the US, he completed a PhD and then retired from the military a couple of years ago. Always an active (certified) cave diver, Dave moved to Tulum Mexico where he did most of his cave diving, to dedicate himself to the pursuit, ultimately becoming involved in cave system exploration. I followed Dave on Facebook and would hear from him occasionally. I was surprised and saddened to learn through a post from his family that Dave passed away in an undescribed cave diving accident in July.
View attachment 607400
I'll always remember Dave for his enthusiasm for diving, cooking skills and dry sense of humor.

His family asks that anyone who might have pictures with him to send along. I'll be collecting those and forward as I receive. If by chance anyone has any photos, please contact me by PM to send.

Jim in Japan

My condolences

Back
Top Bottom