Datamax Pro Plus says H after initial power up.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just had this happened to mine. I was underwater when it happened. Once I came out of the water the computer came back on. I was about to order the battery but it passed the diaganostics with no errors and the battery was not showing as being low. were you ever able to get any reason as to what caused it?

This is what I got from Oceanic when I asked about The H on another model

Dear Ryan
When you activate your Oceanic Data Plus 2 computer, it performs a diagnostic check of all its components and systems while the display counts down. If any problems are encountered during this diagnostic check, the computer is designed to display an error message and then deactivate, to prevent its use in a potentially unsafe condition. The “H” error message you are seeing indicates a problem with the computer’s pressure transducer, the component that senses ambient pressure and converts it to a depth reading.

Normally the next step would be to bring the computer back to the factory for evaluation and service. Unfortunately, we can no longer service the Data Plus 2 model, as replacement parts are no longer available. The only option we can offer at this point is to upgrade the computer using our Instant Cash Allowance upgrade program........................

Hope this helps
Ryan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom