DataMask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Barracuda22

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello. I posted on the Oceanic forum but no response. Has anyone had an issue with the DataMask and the top button sticking in the down position? There is no way I can get to a dealer at the moment and would like to know if this is a common occurrence and what might cause it. Thanks in advance for any insight.

Never had it and I've had two datamasks.

Thanks for responding. If you don't mind answering, why two? Have you had any issues with them?

Thanks for responding. If you don't mind answering, why two? Have you had any issues with them?

Yes, the first one flooded but it was way out of warranty. Oceanic replaced it free of charge. No issues with the second one and now I've dived the Datamask for almost ten years.

Ok, nice. This one is over six years old and I've always been a major proponent for it. Rather disappointing. It happened on the 15th dive this trip and I'm now going on dive 50. I miss it but my old Aeris back up has been good to me so far.

Here the answer I left in the oceanic forum:Either the spring failed or you have salt or some other sediment sticking the button. Unfortunately you will need to call them they don't answer email that often.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom