Datamask USB Cable, did they improve it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

edclee

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I bought a new, old stock Datamask. From what I can tell it was made in 07 (says so on the serial # sticker). The question is, how can I tell if it has the lastest screws, cover, and USB cable? Communication is very flaky, but I have gotten it to upload the data from the mask one time. Most of the time, it just times out. :( If I fool with the usb long enough, I get the "PC120" countdown in the mask, but even when that is working properly, when the "arrow" in the program is selected, after a few seconds "time out" shows up and data is not transferred. Did Oceanic make an improved USB cable?

Well, somehow, I don't know how, after two days, I am now dowloading/uploading data to the datamask!:)

Yes, by all means, keep your receipt. Aeris put out a defective product that was prone to flood, and unfortunately you may very well have one of those masks. If you don't save your receipt, you will have to pay to get a remanufactured replacement, even though Aeris has aknowledged the flood issue. One the battery compartment floods, it's toast. Please dive with a backup depth gage and timer at a minimum, and plan your dive so that you will be able to switch to tables if you don't have a backup computer.

And no, they have not improved that data connection. How they have been able to get away with such an obviously defective product all these years is beyond me. But, it is a neat toy, so take precautions and have some fun. Oh and yes you will be able to get that connection to work if the stars align and you hold your chin just right. But if you are able to put up with such nonsense for more than one dive, you have way more patience than I do. I log everything with my Icon HD, it does a great job.

Best of luck to you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom