Datamask temperature off by 10 degrees

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

adjuster-jd

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just downloaded some recent dives from my database. It consistently showed the dives as being about 10 degrees colder than 2 other computers (one a Suunto Cobra2 and the other one an Atom 2. ) Both other computers show 77 degree water temp and the Datamask shows 67 -69 degrees.

This seems a bit out of whack.

Is there any way to calibrate the temp?

I have noticed this before, it seems some computers track temps much quicker. Often I have the lowest temp on my VT3 because I think it reacts to the temperature changes under water faster than my wife's Vyper, but ten degrees is a pretty big spread. I would take a known, calibrated thermometer and put them together in a cool area and leave them for about 10 minutes to settle. Check the temperature on both and see if they're at least close. I did this with mine and was within 1 degree each time. I used the refridgerator, but any cool area should work as long as it's not freezing...

I had the same issue with my mask....I sent it to Oceanic and they recalibrated it for me. It works perfect now.....

My only issue with my mask now is the black plating around the display is chipping off, other than that it has worked flawlessly....LOVE IT

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom