data plus 2 or stratus 1 or nitek computer?????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

burnt3d

Reaction score
has anyone used the following computers???? ive narrowed my choices down to the following three computers. the oceanic data plus 2, zeagle stratus 1, or the dive rite nitek. which one should i buy and why?? also, has anyone used the zeagle 50d regulator?? tim

What type of diving?I use the oceanic for rec. diving.I dive 30-40 days straight,everyday 2-4 dives 25-130 ft every August in the Keys.I keep it as liberal as possible,and so-far no hits.That means it keeps pretty good track of nitrogen up-take.I have used it as a back-up bottom timer on tri-mix dives and it didn't leak altho it said nasty things about me.

Data plus 2 here.. not sure what you want to know about it.. I has tons of neat features.. does nitrox.. umm..umm.. its pc downloadable.. a great dive computer in my opinon..

If you are doing typical recreational diving with the option of doing Nitrox now or in the future, Just about any computer from Palaegic Pressure Systems will suit you. These folks make many of the "hocky puck" computers such as the Oceanic and Genesis Line.

I own a Genesis React and think it is just fine. Easy to read and setup up, nitrox capable, PC downloadable, user changeable batteries, and many other features that make it a good choice.

I feel that air integrated computers are for me just yet since I am not particulary interested in knowing my tank pressue to 10 psi or how fast I'm consuming it. So far the plain old SPG is fine for me.

Depends on the type of diving you wish to do. I would recommend at the very least, get a Nitrox compatible computer. I dive with a Suuto Vyper, and love it, however I started on an Oceanic Datamax Sport (hockey puck, as Texasmike so affectionately calls them) without problems. The issue with the oceanic is that it is not Nitrox compatible. If you intend on getting into the techy world, look at the Nitek from Dive Rite.

The thing to remember is read the owners manual and understand everything about the computer before diving with it. You don't want to be at 110 feet and wondering about some funky icon on the screen.

Peace and love of diving :)

JMS spoke of reading the owners manual....

I even went so far as to BORROW the owners manual for the two computers that I had narrowed my choices too. This way I could gain more knowledge of how to work them beyond advertsing material.

After reading, I chose the Genesis ReAct. So far, I'm happy.

Originally posted by jmsdiver
Depends on the type of diving you wish to do. I would recommend at the very least, get a Nitrox compatible computer. I dive with a Suuto Vyper, and love it, however I started on an Oceanic Datamax Sport (hockey puck, as Texasmike so affectionately calls them) without problems. The issue with the oceanic is that it is not Nitrox compatible. If you intend on getting into the techy world, look at the Nitek from Dive Rite.

The thing to remember is read the owners manual and understand everything about the computer before diving with it. You don't want to be at 110 feet and wondering about some funky icon on the screen.

Peace and love of diving :)

The Oceanic data plus 2 is a nitrox compatible computer..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom