Dangling bits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not so convenient in my experience, and slow, Maybe something to practice?
Actually, very convenient. I practice launching my DSMB all the time; using my exhaust gas is by far the easiest. At depth, very little air is needed to fill the DSMB, one or two breaths, one if you get a good fill on the 1st try. I have a spare LP hose I could use; and if I am at SS depth, that is the way I go, but if I am launching from 30'-40' range, which I will if I am about to rise up into a pea soup layer, exhaust works great.

I would expect for a boat based dive, if there were emergencies, they'd use an agreed upon color to indicate a problem and they'd find an attached slate or note attached (some DSMBs have little sleeves where a page from wetnotes could be placed).

But let's remember, this discussion is in the Basic Scuba discussion. Talking about technical diving communication with a boat certainly does not belong.

I'll leave it up to the mods on whether they wish to clean this up.

But let's remember, this discussion is in the Basic Scuba discussion. Talking about technical diving communication with a boat certainly does not belong.

I'll leave it up to the mods on whether they wish to clean this up.
And let's remember the thread is about dangling bits and not how to inflate DSMBs or their colour.

And let's remember the thread is about dangling bits and not how to inflate DSMBs or their colour.
Just my opinion, but DSMB deployment does fall under basic scuba. But OT. But since when do threads on SB remain on topic?

Back
Top Bottom