Dancer Fleet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bubbles55

New
Reaction score
I am interested in booking a trip on the Star Dancer in November but the only available rooms are the ones next to the dive deck (deluxe staterooms 7 and 8 on the Star dancer to be specific). I am nervous about taking one of those rooms because I previously took a trip on the Mike Ball Spoil Sport and had a room in the same location. The problem we had on the Mike Ball boat was that the door to the dive deck would slam shut and it was very annoying because it was so loud. Has anyone out there stayed in one of these rooms and if so did you find the door to the dive deck to be a problem??

Welcome to the board, bubbles55. I took the liberty of moving your post here to the Charter Boats & Cruises forum where, hopefully, it will attract more attention.

bubbles55:
I am interested in booking a trip on the Star Dancer in November but the only available rooms are the ones next to the dive deck (deluxe staterooms 7 and 8 on the Star dancer to be specific). I am nervous about taking one of those rooms because I previously took a trip on the Mike Ball Spoil Sport and had a room in the same location. The problem we had on the Mike Ball boat was that the door to the dive deck would slam shut and it was very annoying because it was so loud. Has anyone out there stayed in one of these rooms and if so did you find the door to the dive deck to be a problem??

We were on the boat in January, but up front. I don't seem to recall the door slamming; no complaints from the couples in the room in any event. HOWEVER there did seem to be some issue with smell wafting up through the marine toilet on one of the staterooms on the starboard side. So I'd take the one on the port side to be safe.

mike_s:
On a Peter Hughes boat, the door slamming is the worst thing you have to worry about. I'd be more concerned with the boat flipping.

Dude, completely uncalled for.

Anyhoo, i know the boat well, wouldn't worry about it, the dive deck door is on a hydraulic arm, ie closes very slowly.

bubbles55:

I'll let you know, but I have to make it through May and June first. This will be our second liveaboard trip. I love going to far away places in a remote corner of the world, and I consider New Britain a remote area. We are quite excited to take this trip. We are hoping to see many things above and below water that we haven't seen before.

The best is yet to come,
Caymaniac :crafty:

mike_s:
On a Peter Hughes boat, the door slamming is the worst thing you have to worry about. I'd be more concerned with the boat flipping.

That is TOTALLY out of line!
All the Hughes boats have different captains and should not be defamed this way. Have you ever been on one of the boats?? I doubt it if you could make such a comment.
To make use of a terrible tradgedy and make it sound like this kind of thing happens all the time on these boats is rediculous.
I have spent a lot of times on various liveaboards and the Hughes boats are the best I've been on IMHO.

Back to the question. I have been on the 'Dancer. My cabin was in the bow area. My sisters were on the cabins near the dive deck and they never mentioned a problem.

Back
Top Bottom