Dancer Fleet Required Safety Gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rand

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm booked on the Sundancer II for Belize in June. I was curious if anyone knows what they require each diver to carry with them for safety equipment.

From the FAQ section it states:

Surface Safety Equipment
Each diver entering the water from any Dancer Fleet vessel will be required to have the following minimum surface safety equipment on each dive:
* Diver Alert (Surface audible signaling device)
* Safety Sausage (For the vessel to spot a diver in the distance.)
* Mini Strobe (For the vessel to spot a diver in the distance in low light situations ie: night / dusk)
If you do not personally have this equipment, you may purchase it at your local dive center prior to your departure. In addition, limited quantities are available for rent on your vessel.

I'd like to know what they mean by "Diver Alert". Is this one of those underwater/above water quakers or is a standard whistle sufficient. They mention they have limited amounts on hand to rent, but I'd prefer not to have to modify my BC with one of those annoying noise makers.

Also, do they want each diver to carry an actual strobe or does a chem light work?

I haven't gotten any response from Dancer Fleet, so I decided to ask here.

Thanks.

The Dive Alert they are looking for is the surface quacker. I personally have never carried one of those mini-strobes. They are about 3 inches long, come in different colors cost about $15. Send them an e-mail and ask about the chem light, which should be sufficient. Have a great trip, I'll be down on the Belize Aggressor for my third trip with them in May.

Back
Top Bottom