DAN vs. Dive Assure for dive and travel insurance?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What insurance are you all using for diving locally? DAN is just too damn expensive
No, if you need it the cost is very reasonable. Dive Assure will not even cover you in your country of residence.

I thought DAN had an exclusion zone, like 50 or 100 miles?

I thought DAN had an exclusion zone, like 50 or 100 miles?
I never heard of such. Do you mean this...?

DAN TravelAssist®

Members receive DAN TravelAssist which provides valuable Travel Assistance Services and up to US$150,000 (US$100,000 in NY) combined benefit limit in Emergency Medical Transportation and Travel Assistance Benefits anytime you travel at least 50 miles (80km) from home and suffer a medical emergency.

Maybe that's what I was thinking of.

What insurance are you all using for diving locally? DAN is just too damn expensive
It’s pretty damn cheap compared to paying for a DCS hit yourself

Do you have a passport? If not, and you have outstanding medical insurance, you may not need DAN. If you dive outside of the US tho, you need DAN's coverage and benefits, and if you can afford a plane ticket, you can afford DAN. If you only dive in the US, but have typical insurance, you still need DAN, and can't afford to dive without it.

Gofundme is a poor alternative to covering responsibilities. I see sad cases all too often of people who paid for a trip but did not pay for insurance.

Really? I have the top plan and it’s only $135 a year. With the amount of local/regional diving I do, it’s necessary, especially Great Lakes and cave diving.

Back
Top Bottom