DAN Tech Diving Conference Proceedings now available for free download

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dr Simon Mitchell

ScubaBoard Supporter
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Hello,

The Proceedings of the January 2008 DAN Technical Diving Conference:

Vann RD, Mitchell SJ, Denoble PJ, Anthony TG, eds. Technical diving. Proceedings of the Divers Alert Network 2008 January 18-19 Conference. Durham, NC: Divers Alert Network; 2009. ISBN# 978-1-930536-53-1

...is now available to the diving public.

A copy of the 400 page document can be downloaded as a PDF file at no cost from the DAN Website. Go to the DAN.org website (I can't post the url because this is my first post - maybe a mod would like to insert it) and click on the “2008 DAN Tech Diving Conference” icon halfway down on the left of the main page. This will take you to a new page where you will be asked to log in. Non members can log in using their name and email address. You will then be taken to a page where you will see an icon labeled “Diving Conference Proceedings Now Available (click here).” When you click on the icon, it will take you to the PDF document which you can save to your computer.

These proceedings contain papers by some of the most authoritative speakers in the field and cover MANY of the topics that are frequently debated on these forums. Anyone who participates in these discussions would be mad not to download the document and read it from cover to cover.

I have nothing to do with DAN other than a collegial relationship with many of the staff. So I have no vested interest in saying that it is worth all of us reflecting on the public good aspect of their operation and offering our thanks for releasing this document for free. It is a fantastic resource that you will find fascinating.

Warm regards,

Simon M

Awesome! Thanks for the info

Hello again,

My apologies,

Not long after my original post the DAN site was inundated with downloaders and it has caused problems for them. I don't think you can access the pdf through there anymore. However, if you email Jeanette Moore jmoore@dan.org she will send you a copy on CD (and the DVD of the presentations also if I am not mistaken); all for free.
In addition, DAN have no objection to people passing the proceedings between themselves, or to anyone else hosting the document on their own site.

Regards,

Simon M

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom