DAN or Aquamed???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LauraPro

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello everybody!

I have to decide which diving insurance to buy... I Live in Switzerland and my goal ist this year to mostly dive in Switzerland and in Europe - maybe I will do a trip to Asia or Central America and to Egypt....

I'm struggling between DAN and Aquamed... do you have any experience with these insurance? Any comments/reccomendations?

Thank you and BR
Laura

I am unfamiliar with Aquamed; but have used DAN for decades. for diving in the US and abroad -- and have found them straightforward and amenable to fulfilling any claims; though, I don't know of insurance differences, an die Schweizer; because, in the US, some insurance products can even vary from state to state . . .

Hi,
I chose DAN here in Germany two years ago because of the insurance company effectively in charge. Located in Malta and the back insurance was something in Italy when I checked it 2 years ago.

For Aquamed the insurer seems to be Chubb for private contracts in EU and Switzerland. Their conditions state explicitly they may be affected by US sanctions because they are listed at the NYSE. So if you plan to dive in Cuba, Russia or some other country that might show up on the US administrations "scare list" (is that a word ?) then DAN might be better choice.

I found the conditions otherwise comparable. Perfect was none.

[Edit: Spelling]

DAN Europe is different and I wouldn't want to offer an opinion.

if you plan to dive in Cuba, Russia or some other country that might show up on the US administrations "scare list" (is that a word ?) then DAN might be better choice.
I don't think DAN America works in Cuba with the restrictions on payments. It's something to investigate in advance at least.

Learned something today, I thought they were fairly global and consistent.

I think Dan is a good choice.
I have aquamed (i live in germany), because my diveshop offered it to me when i did my owd.

I had to call the hotline once and the service was really good. Gave me all the information i need.

So i guess it doesnt matter, both are good insurace? :D

I have Aquamed and really LOVE them. Back a few years ago I had a serious DCS II incident and Aquamed busted their butts off getting me the right treatment and care ASAP. All the bills I had, they covered and the money was in my Volksbank account 2 days after I sent them PDFs of the bills. Weeks later, they were still calling at least weekly to find out how I was improving and if there was anything they could do to help.

Michael

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom