Dan International

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi Everybody.

I live in uruguay, and I'm planning a trip to Playa del Carmen for early October, in which i will be doing a couple dives.

To add to this, im planning a second trip, in which i will dive for at least 5 days straight, so needless to say , im looking into geting some Diver's insurance.

I have been looking at world.dan.org, and apparently i need to get the $109 priced package,

Am i looking at the right thing?

thanks!

Looks right.

In the US one has to join DAN first. A benefit of that membership is a travel assistance program which includes the emergency medical evacuation coverage (which isn't dive specific) - but no actual dive medical coverage. Then you can add the dive insurance at various levels.

Appears Uruguay is similar in that there is an option with just the evacuation thing but no dive coverage, then the $109 option that has dive coverage.

Looks right.

In the US one has to join DAN first. A benefit of that membership is a travel assistance program which includes the emergency medical evacuation coverage (which isn't dive specific) - but no actual dive medical coverage. Then you can add the dive insurance at various levels.

Appears Uruguay is similar in that there is an option with just the evacuation thing but no dive coverage, then the $109 option that has dive coverage.
Thanks for this breakdown! i just want peace of mind and it seems like $109 is a fair price for it

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom