DAN Insurance Coverage Level

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not sure I have ever experienced an insurance company that has been easy to work with for filing claims. Aetna has always tried to reject the claim first and wait for us to pursue it.

Can't say I've ever had a problem with charges being refused. Never had to fight for payment. Must be lucky.

In Texas, for some reason, the Guardian plan is not available. :confused:
The DAN website says:
*Guardian Plan is Available in Canada and some U.S. States
I suspect it has to do with individual states' insurance regulatory agencies. iirc it used to be only available in Canada.

Dan has a family membership plan, but the wife and I had to purchase our insurance separately.

After looking at it we decided on the Guardian because we are traveling to Fiji this year and wanted the extra medical transport coverage just in case. Probably a little bit of overkill, but the peace of mind was work the extra $50 per person.

If we were only doing Cozumel where I knew air transport wouldn't be an absolute requirement, I would have gone with preferred.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom