DAN Insurance Changes?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kixy1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone else get the email that DAN is no longer offering coverage in your state? I did. (Washington) :(
They say they're working on it and I sure hope they do. I've had it for decades and this is a real bummer. We all know that now my family DOESN'T have coverage will be the time one of us needs it... grrrr

hmmm. I don't THINK we have ... Texas.

WHAT??

I live in WA, and have DAN's insurance. No email here. When did you get this?

If you look at the DAN website it shows that, in Washington, you are only able to purchase the Guardian policy. If you look at my state, Pennsylvania, it shows you can purchase the Guardian, Preferred, or Master policy.

I would contact DAN directly.

I haven't gotten message here in North Carolina. I hope this will not be the first of many states to follow effect......

Why does DAN care what state you live in?

Here's my guess... they are required to go through local (e.g. state agencies that must follow their own laws). I found this out a while back when I had to transfer car insurance from one state to another, even though I was technically remaining with the same company. The company told me they were require to license their insurance policies through each state individually.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom