Dampi Rid Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

furby076

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So reading another post someone suggested to get dampi rid to throw the moisture munchers into. The dampi rid would help dry out the moisture munchers.

before I open up the container of dampi rid, how long does it last? Do I just put the moisture munchers in it, and close the lid? Does the dampi rid of a shelf life? Or can I open it and not worry about it going stale, or having a limited life span, etc.

Keep the container sealed. I put the mixture into a seal-able bag, with the Moisture Munchers in it, until just before I need them. The DampRid will absorb continually try to moisture from the air, so it must remain sealed.

My container is only @1 yr old, so others can say better how long you can expect it to last. I do not carry the DampRid with my on trip, but use the oven method to quickly rejuvenate them if I run low on the blue boys.

I do the same as gypsyjim. my damprid container is over 3yrs old and still working. just keep it seald tight.

Sweet. Thanks guys!

I haven't opened the container yet, but if its loose powder i will take some and put it into a ziplock bag with the moisture munchers. If it needs to remain in it's original container i will put the moisture munchers in there. Either way I will put a heavy duty ziplock bag around it so it stays sealed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom