Dale Hollow Early Spring Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

firefighter987

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We dove Dale Hollow today in the area of Mitchell Creek. The water temp on the surface was 71 degrees and at 56 feet it was 51 degrees. A little cool but the 7mm suit was just perfect for the job!! Vis was not very good with only about 8-10 ft at best. The best part of today's dive was "dive season has started" !!!!!

We dove Dale Hollow today in the area of Mitchell Creek. The water temp on the surface was 71 degrees and at 56 feet it was 51 degrees. A little cool but the 7mm suit was just perfect for the job!! Vis was not very good with only about 8-10 ft at best. The best part of today's dive was "dive season has started" !!!!!

How about getting a group together to dive Dale Hallow sometime later in the year? I would love to dive it but have no clue as to where to dive.

Thanks for the report.

I am not familiar with the site either.

I live about 35 miles south of Dale Hollow and we dive the Hollow alot in the summer. If anyone wants to get a group up and dive the Hollow just let me know when summer gets closer.

And you are correct about the dive season.

It has definitely started early here in Ohio.

I had a group of buddies rent a houseboat a few years ago for a few days of diving and fishing on Dale Hallow. Sounded like they had a good trip, but air fills were an issue. You'd really need to bring all of tanks you'll need for the trip.

Willow Grove Marina fills tanks but they are a little expensive.....$10.00 / tank. There is a store up the hill from Sunset Marina that fills tanks for $8.00/tank but sunset is a long drive from the end of the lake with the good vis. I work 7 days on and have 7 days off. I am usually at the lake 5 out of 7 days that I have off on our pontoon that is docked at Mitchell Creek Marina. They rent houseboats, cabins, pontoons, etc. Check em out online. Mitchell Creek Marina on Dale Hollow Lake

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom