Dahab and Marsa Alam, Egypt -Scuba operator recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jifi

Registered
Reaction score
Citizen of the world, currently in Northeast USA
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi All,
Got VACCINATED! Planning a last minute trip to Marsa Alam and Dahab (March 23). In Dahab, I want my 17 year old to get her Open Water. I am looking for recommendations on quality Scuba operators. Hotel recommendations are also welcome.
Thanks in advance! So excited to finally travel and dive!!!!!
J

For Dahab, there are plenty of good choices.
In 2020 i wanted (twice!!) to travel to Dahab (which in both cases did not happen). I planned to go to the Extra-Divers base within the Swiss Inn Resort. The Resort and Dive-Center are currently open (some dive centers and hotels are still closed).

As for Marsa Alam, if you are looking for a high-quality Hotel/Resort i can recommend the Steigenbergers which is in the vicinity of Coraya-Divers. We stayed there in August 2019 and used the Coroya-Divers base. Not sure if they are currently open.

Slighly off topic perhaps, but just because you mentioned it first: being vaccinated does have any impact of the entry into Egypt requirements. You will still need a negative PCR Test.
Coraya Divers are a good bunch. Alternative would be Equinox Divers a bit more south.
To ensure they are open, contact them directly and explain your plan. That will give them opportunity to be preprared in case they are running with staff/DMs on call.

Coraya Divers are a good bunch.
also off-topic:
Was positively surprised how well managed the dive center was (with this many divers per day). Probably the last spot on earth which qualifies for the term "German Efficiency". :)

I spent a few days with Scuba Seekers in Dahab in January. Very professional setup (and roomy too). Many centres seemed very quiet or even shut as there weren't many tourists

Extra Divers Equinox is in 15 min speedboot distance of Elphinstone, and the dive sites of the 6 Abu Dabads are the calssical ones.
The bay with the seaweed is home of some seacows.

What about wetsuit recommendations for marsa alam
Water temperature should be around 21-23 C at that time of year, up to your discretion.

Back
Top Bottom