Dacor Viper which model do I have?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mweaver40

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi I just bought a Dacor Viper 1rst stage off EBAY primarily to learn rebuilding with. It's almost a shame for a rookie like me to be messing with this reg since it is absolutely beautiful with not a scratch on it but anyway. It appears there may be multiple models of the viper. I can't find any markings stamped on the stage to indicate what it is and I would like to buy a rebuild kit for it. How can I verify what I have (viper, viper America, viper tech... etc). I apologize if this is in a FAQ or there is an obvious way to determine the model but as I said I am completely new to servicing equipment

Thanks

I'm not familiar with Dacor, but if you can post a picture I'm sure someone else may be able to help.

Best wishes.

A Dacor Viper! Wow... talk about a blast from the past! First things first. The Viper has been discontinued and Dacor as a company was purchased by MARES a few years back but don't panic because you can still get parts for the viper. MARES is still manufacturing the Viper as the "M.V. Octopus". You can do an internet search and find the Mares repair manual and take it from there. As far as parts go, maybe someone else can help there because most manufacturers won't sell repair/service parts to anyone but authorized repair centers.

I hope that this is of some help.

Pull it apart and source the o rings from the o ring shop, unlike the fin shop or the bootie shop bloke.
Perhaps consider purchasing a generic reg manual if you wish to have a more fruitful life rebuilding things.

Thanks everyone. I do have Harlow's book and if I remember correctly I did download a viper service manual a few days ago. I have a line on some rebuild kits but there are 2 of them so I am not sure which I would require.

D16 Viper America and Viper Tech
D20 Viper Metal and Viper Gold

I might just do what knowone suggested but it would be nice to get the actual kit, I included a picture of the reg.

Attachments

• PICT0267.jpg
    PICT0267.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 389

Back
Top Bottom