Dacor Quantum Loop questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KathyV

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My husband and I take one dive vacation per year and our equipment is quite old; but it still functions well and we have everything serviced annually before we travel. I recently came across a local opportunity to buy a set of used scuba gear for a very good price ($160 for everything) and it looks like it was hardly ever used.

The set includes a Dacor regulator, octopus, hoses, and console. The console has a compass, pressure gauge, and a Quantum Loop computer. The set also includes a polartec-lined wet suit and a BC. I don't remember the brand on the BC but it had integrated pockets for weights. My current BC is an old Dacor without weight pockets so I still use a weight belt. But my BC doesn't leak, it's comfortable to wear and functions well.

I am not unhappy with my vintage equipment but would be nice to upgrade a bit. Since we don't dive often I don't want to spend a lot on new equipment - but I want decent gear and I want to be safe.

I don't know anything about the Quantum Loop but I know that Dacor has been out of business for some time, so it may be difficult/expensive/impossible to get the equipment serviced.

Does this sound like a good deal or do you think I should pass and spend more to get newer equipment?

Thanks in advance, I'd really appreciate some advice!

Here's the manual: www.nooneuknow.com%2Fscubaboard%2FDacor_Quantum_Loop_Manual.PDF

It's pretty stone-age, but will do the job for general recreational dives. Batteries are user changeable 3v lithium watch batteries. Hopefully the battery cover o-rings are still available, or a generic will work.

Other than batteries/cover o-rings, there isn't much in the way of parts/spares you'd need. Computers don't need service really.

Mares bought out Dacor. So you could try contacting them regards Dacor stuff.

Here's the manual: www.nooneuknow.com%2Fscubaboard%2FDacor_Quantum_Loop_Manual.PDF

It's pretty stone-age, but will do the job for general recreational dives. Batteries are user changeable 3v lithium watch batteries. Hopefully the battery cover o-rings are still available, or a generic will work.

Other than batteries/cover o-rings, there isn't much in the way of parts/spares you'd need. Computers don't need service really.

Mares bought out Dacor. So you could try contacting them regards Dacor stuff.

Thanks for the information.

Back
Top Bottom