Dacor products from 10 years ago

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mutiny5754

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Local neighbor was selling a dacor regulator, and octo setup on a 92ci aluminum tank for 90 bucks. Need some opinions on this sale, good deal bad deal. He said they are probably about 10 years old, used them in search and recovery for the local PD. Everything was in pretty good shape just. Didnt catch the models names or numbers. The regulator was full SS and shiny

Dacor has gone out of business. Head/Mares now owns the name and they only support the two or three latest Dacor models which use parts interchangeably with Mares. Therefore, you will be unable to find parts kits for servicing Dacors. This is sad, because Dacors are really good, high-quality regs. I'd stay away from them unless you want to use them to turn in for a discount on some other, more modern brands.

Dacor is solid. I have two old hubs of theirs . I have cannablized them over the years and still use the octos on one of my main regs. If they are in good condition, the tank alone is worth it. Can you get parts to service them? That is an important question.

yeah i had asked the guy about getting them serviced, of course he said "oh yeah of course". They def looked 10 years old but didnt looked wasted or abused, the guy did work for the local PD so i was assuming the products were semi top of the line 10 years ago. The primary reg had a purge safety strap for storage. I dont know if thats common on all regs, or just certain older models. $90 is the killer, its not alot for a pri, alt, depth/air gauge and inflater hose. The tank was missing some paint that was dacor as well. 92ci aluminum, dont know when the last hyrdo test was done on it or if it were a din or yoke valve. I still dont understand the difference between the two.

prolly would need all new hoses and i would guess getting the alt reg serviced if possible, that would be reliable enough as an alt reg, and if nothing comes of the primary reg, i could just add on a newer one correct? the gauges were in real nice shape dacor as well. and the inflator hose was free and didnt bind up.

yeah im new with everything, I found a underwater kinetics dive knife at a swapmeet for 20 bucks. But im always interested in just tinkering with the 2nd hand older equipment just to learn, if the price were right and not over priced.

The primary reg had a purge safety strap for storage. 92ci aluminum, dont know when the last hyrdo test was done on it or if it were a din or yoke valve. I still dont understand the difference between the two.

I think this is an indication of Dacor gear much older than ten years. I am almost positive this tank is 6351T6 alloy and I am pretty sure that the regulator is "pre-mares" and is much older than ten years.

Phil Ellis
Discount Scuba Gear at DiveSports.com - Buy Scuba Diving Equipment & Snorkeling Equipment
]

Yes.
Much older than 10 years.
If the tank has the big Dacor sticker it's probably worthless too.

The cost of getting all of that serviced, if it can be, could exceed $150. It might be worth messing with if the guy gave it to you free.

This time of year a lot of new gear goes on sale. That may be a better use of your money.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom