Dacor Pressure Gauge Hose Replacement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"O2 compatible lube on the o rings (tribolube or cristolube)."
Yah nitrox rocks.
"two 003 o-rings and the 012 on the regulator end (HP)"
Thanks, gonna buy some extras as well.
Either way, the hose is going to get replaced. Appreciate the link to the hose site. You are all really helpful and have a lot of knowledge and experience.

"O2 compatible lube on the o rings (tribolube or cristolube)."
Yah nitrox rocks.
"two 003 o-rings and the 012 on the regulator end (HP)"
Thanks, gonna buy some extras as well.
Either way, the hose is going to get replaced. Appreciate the link to the hose site. You are all really helpful and have a lot of knowledge and experience.

If you buy a set of o-rings you can get some that are Nitrox compatible, but I just use Nitrile for air. I must have repaired/replaced o-rings on at least 30 items in the past year (not all scuba stuff). IMHO you just can't have too many o-rings. I started getting nervous because I was getting low on the 003s so I bought a hundred of those. More times than not the one I need is in the set which was marketed for scuba. When you start getting ambitious you can start replacing o-rings on regulator hoses and BC connectors :) Those can be a little tricky (deep, down, inside) but it's sure nice to know that you don't have any old, dried up o-rings anywhere.

If you buy a set of o-rings you can get some that are Nitrox compatible, but I just use Nitrile for air. I must have repaired/replaced o-rings on at least 30 items in the past year (not all scuba stuff). IMHO you just can't have too many o-rings. I started getting nervous because I was getting low on the 003s so I bought a hundred of those. More times than not the one I need is in the set which was marketed for scuba. When you start getting ambitious you can start replacing o-rings on regulator hoses and BC connectors :) Those can be a little tricky (deep, down, inside) but it's sure nice to know that you don't have any old, dried up o-rings anywhere.

Definitely should have mentioned the o rings for nitrox should be O2 compatible (viton). You should be able to get them from your LDS or theoringstore.com

Another source for hoses piranhadivemfg.com
You can get the hoses from just about any online dive stores or your LDS but Piranha and Dive Gear Express have about the lowest prices for rubber or the new braided hoses that don't deteriorate internally.

Thanks scubagaskets. Guess I'm going to go Viton but have a question:
Probably nothing else in my rig is 'nitrox' rated. I realize that 'in-tank' nitrox mixing requires the tank and valve to be O2 clean. The question then is whether my regulator all needs to be O2 clean given that it will see 40% at the most?

So have a Dacor pressure gauge in my gauge/computer console (not air integrated). It needs a new HP hose with a swivel for the gauge. There is a tiny o-ring where it swivels. I need to find a hose with the standard HP fitting for the 1st stage and a swivel adapter for the gauge end - it is a tight fit where the connection goes thru the console.
Any suggestions as to what brand might be a compatible replacement?

Thanks!

You don't replace the o-ring, you replace the whole swivel and the o-rings are pre-installed.

I'm pretty sure there is only one size of swivels. In any case I've only ever seen one size.

R..

The guidelines that i have form my o-ring manufacturers consultants is that you can use viton black orings Genuine VITON® O-Rings Nitrox Archives - Premium O-rings Provider for Scuba Diving
for applications that oxygen concentration is 21% -50% and for applications of pure oxygen you can use the green viton o-rings VITON® Green Scuba O-Rings for pure Oxygen
Yes pressure is a factor that must be considered since in high pressures create higher temperatures that is always related with inflation hazart.
At scuba gaskets we changed our packing per size so now we have pack of 10 and pack of 50 for the majority of our products

You don't replace the o-ring, you replace the whole swivel and the o-rings are pre-installed.

I'm pretty sure there is only one size of swivels. In any case I've only ever seen one size.

R..
Thanks, I just ordered an HP hose with a swivel on one end. The salesman claimed it had a spool in it although there was no mention in the product description. I can use the existing spool if not, haven't been able to find 'just' a spool for sale. Either way gonna need orings for spares.

Back
Top Bottom