Dacor Pacer 950XL 1st and 2nd stage service...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bruce Herold

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
[h=2]Dacor Pacer 950XL 1st and 2nd stage service...[/h]
I have a Dacor Pacer 950XL 1st and 2nd stage set-up with a 950 second stage octopus. I am the original owner and I purchased this back in the early to mid 80’s. They actually seem to work well but I would like to have them overhauled and serviced. I understand Dacor does not support this product and is from what I heard out of business. Does anyone know of a qualified service technician (name, email, phone number) that can provide all replacement parts as needed and readjust both stages?
Thanks!
Bruce Herold

I have the same regulator, one of my favorite. It is now a paper weight.... It's sad when company's buy out company's and throw all the parts and molds out so that you can never fix.
It's been awhile, I remember the company that bought them out

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think Mares bought them out.

It was Mares!
If you want to replace the Pacer with a similar metal reg you could try looking for a good used USD Conshelf 14 (new ones occasionally come up for sale) or Mares abyss. Both work well and service is readily available- of the two (I have and use both) I would have to say that the abyss is probably a little higher performance as far as perceived WOB.

Mares did buy them and do not support them. Aftermarket parts are available. Trident diving supplies has the seats listed in the catalog. O-rings can be sourced else where . If you can service it yourself get the parts and have at it.
You might be able to find a tech that will do it but I think most will not.

I USE the second stage. The parts are simple, and the second stage is very hardy. It is heavy and I like them for an octopus.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom