Dacor mask parts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

v0max

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've had a Dacor single window mask w/ purge valve for over ten years and love it. However, last month in Bonaire, one of the clips holding the strap broke. I'm talking about the plastic swivel part. I tried supergluing it to no avail.

I've briefly searched eBay and Google and can't seem to find anyone selling the part (or any Dacor mask parts for that matter). I really love this mask and would like to repair it (I can't imagine the clip being more than $5-10), rather than buying a whole new mask. Does anyone have any suggestions, or is it time to buy a new mask?

Hi v0max. Did you find a solution to your mask fix? I have to same problem. Going to Cabo next month and need a fix so I don't have to buy new mask.

I hate to tell you guys this but you will never find anything to put that Humpty Dumpty back together again.

It is time for a new mask.

N

so a plastic clip broke, but what IS left on the mask? A friend of mine has been diving for years with a mask where the buckle or clip on one side is broken. He has the strap cinched onto something with a zip tie. Seems to work fine just not adjustable on that side. Kind of a scuba version of glasses held together by duct tape, nerd style. Hard to imagine any kind of glue working.

Or try eBay, might very well find the same old mask. Though 10 years, maybe time to find a new favorite mask...

Find out what material it is made from and get the best glue. Alternatively, have a look at the FFM that you can get parts for and see if the clips match or just need a minor adjustment and get one of those

Sent from my HTC One SV using Tapatalk

No, I haven't come up with a good solution (I've been using a backup mask recently). But it did occur to me the other day, I have access to a Makerbot at work, so I might try making a new clip.

Another option, I'm curious to try diving without a strap :)

The pressure should hold it on, though my concern is that with the purge valve, clearing the mask handsfree might cause it to come off.

I've had a Dacor single window mask w/ purge valve for over ten years and love it. However, last month in Bonaire, one of the clips holding the strap broke. I'm talking about the plastic swivel part. I tried supergluing it to no avail.

I've briefly searched eBay and Google and can't seem to find anyone selling the part (or any Dacor mask parts for that matter). I really love this mask and would like to repair it (I can't imagine the clip being more than $5-10), rather than buying a whole new mask. Does anyone have any suggestions, or is it time to buy a new mask?
Does anyone have or know where's
I can find A 3 window 🪟 Dacor clear mask.
Mine got stolen. Last week.. I am looking for one in very good condition.. Michael 669-262-6269
Please 🙏 help..

Zombie post looking for Zombie mask. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom