Dacor Elite?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If it fits you and is comfortable, then it sounds like its a great BC for you. My only suggestion would be for you to try on as many BCs as you can find before buying.

I love the Dacor Elite BCD.

Reasons....good lift for the size. This has a shorter torso length on the jacket, so it keeps the tank up on your back, not hanging to your knees. Less shoulder strain that way!

Also, lots of D-rings, albeit some of those are a rigid plastic...but lots of places for goodies to hang. Very comfortable, lightweight and easy to travel with.

The only thing that I would change is to add a piece of heavy duty velcro on the interior of the weight pouches. Occasionally, they will slip from the pockets, and although they are clipped onto the BCD...the dangling can be annoying when trying to drift close to delicate aquatic environments...

Great diving!

GirlDiver

http://www.girldiver.com

While the BC might be great... take into concern the problem with getting parts for anything from Dacor. You'll find numerous threads on here with posts about that.

Now a BC might not be that bad because you don't need parts for it hardly at all, but it would definately keep me from buying a Dacor regulator.

skybird:
Any thoughts on the Dacor Elite Women's cut BC? I am "fluffy" and it does come in larger sizes.

What does "fluffy" mean?

I'm a bit "fluffy" as well. I just bought a Seaquest Libra BCD and it fits me fine. I got the M/L and since it is a back inflate it doesn't squeeze you :D . It is weight integrated and I won't have to worry about dropping my weight belt on someone's head anymore. I tried on several and got in the water with on Saturday and it was great.

girldiverllc:
Mike,

Unfortunately, you're right. That is the concern with Dacor...parts are on a continual backorder basis.

On a BCD, the parts that you'd need to change out eventually are pretty generic, and you could put something different on.

GIRLDIVER
http://www.girldiver.com

Yeah... like I said the BC wouldn't be that bad because it has much less parts.

and you are correct about many of the parts are generic, like the power inflator.
you can put about any brand power inflator on it and thats the most likely
failure part.

If the price is good and it fits I'd buy it...

If it was a Dacor regulator though, I wouldn't.

The Dacor Elite is actually a nice BC. If by "fluffy" you mean larger in size, then the BC is ok. The sizes should be capable of fitting you.

Medium Large
Waist 32-38 36-40
Chest 36-40 38-42
Height 5'6"-5'9" 5'9"-6'0"
Weight 140-165 170-200
Lift Capacity 18 21

The concern of this BC is that the Lift Capacity of this BC is somewhat lower as compared to other women's specific BCs. So if you are doing warm water diving it may work for you. If you are doing colder water diving, or any technical diving with more gear then you may choose to look elsewhere. The other downside of this BC is the size/space available in the pockets.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom