Dacor Classic regulator, Nitrox ready?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

melfox26

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I found this pretty good deal on Scubatoys for a complete bc/reg package. This is for a friend/buddy who needs his whole setup, minus fins/mask/boots/gloves. He doesn't want to spend a ton of cash, I've already talked him into goind to Cozumel next month.
Anyways, the package I found includes the Dacor Classic regulator, Aeris Octo, plus Aeris Nitrox computer. Is it safe to assume that the reg is Nitrox compatible because the package comes with a Nitrox computer? I've tried to search for info on that but can't find any. Here's the link to the reg. from scubatoys, but it doesn't say anything about Nitrox which leads me to believe that it's not Nitrox ready.

http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=DacorClassic

Can anyone shed some light? My buddy wants to order this quite soon, maybe Larry from ScubaToys can answer this question. Thanks in advance.

Mel
PADI Rescue Diver

If I'm not mistaken, aren't most regs nowadays safe to use with EAN up to 40% right out of the box and in Cozumel I suspect you'll probably be using EAN32.

Dacor is kinda funny with Nitrox. Not all of their regs are approved for use with Nitrox. Check with the retailer to see if this one is or not.

mccdds is right... mixes up to 40% you can use any reg - no modifications needed. All of the "only use air in our regulators" is CYA stuff left over before anybody really knew what was going on. There has never - ever - not even once - ever been a reported problem with any regulator when using recreational mixes of nitrox.

And if you want that package with a different reg - we just back out the price of the one, and drop in the price of the other... So if you want a Mares, Zeagle, Tusa, Sherwood, Atomic, etc... Just give me a shout on our toll free number and let me know..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom