Dacor Airwin service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi, I'm a newbie diver, only done half a dozen dives since OW and doing AOW in August. I bought a second hand Aqualung reg set off a friend who now dives twin sets (had it serviced before I used it!) that came with a Dacor Airwin console computer. This stopped working at the weekend and doesn't register tank pressure or start the dive so guess it needs repair. Does anyone have any idea where I can send it for repair? I understand tat the Mares Airlab is the same computer but I've contacted a couple of places who service Mares stuff who won't do the Dacor. Thanks, Ron.

In general (there are a few exceptions), you'll find that Dacor stuff is good until it needs service, then it's junk. This is because when Dacor went out of business, with it went parts and trained service folks. Mares bought most or all of Dacor and took care of it for a while, but they are mostly done with it. It's a shame because they made some great regulators, albeit with non standard parts and fitting sizes.

Regarding your computer - Find out who actually made it and try that approach. For example, the old Dive rite Nitek 2 was actually manufactured by Seiko and branded dive rite. TUSA bought the same computer from Seiko and branded it theirs as well. You may have some luck there.

Best bet is a new computer. They are inexpensive and come with more features and options than older ones.

Hope that helps, and good luck!:beer:

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Dacor has been out of business for quite awhile, and the Arilab looks fairly modern, so I wonder if they really are the same.
But if they are, the battery should be user replaceable, at least according to the user manual that can be found here: Downloads - Mares
You might try that, but beyond that I have no clue.

Thanks both of you. Yep, changed batteries before the weekend so think it may well be toast. Looks like I'll need another one. What is preferable, separate analogue SPG/depth gauge hose mounted console with wrist computer or full hose mounted integrated computer? And, in either case, what would be your recommendations for types/makes of each as an introductory device that will expand with me. Can't see myself doing mad tec diving in near future, think I'm too old to be starting that (52, is that too old???) but if it could cope with beginners rec diving that would be good. Thanks, Ron

Back
Top Bottom