Dacor 960

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jonny Wishbone

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hey guys, heres a question maybe for some of the old Dacor guys. In reference to the factory HP seat vs the aftermarket seat carried by Trident and Northeast Scuba Supply. The factory seat is more of s square shape which fits better in its chamber vs the aftermarket seat being round and smaller diameter due to it not having the square corners. I don't believe this is relevant to its function as it is guided by the push rod or pin from the other side which goes into the hole. The main question, is there a reason why the hole in the factory seat has a bottom to it about a 1/4" in vs the aftermarket seat which has the hole going through the entire seat. Is this through hole in the aftermarket seat irrelevant to the seat's function? Maybe because it was easier to manufacture it with the hole all the way through? Does anyone have insight if this hole is meaningless vs the factory seat which only goes in 1/4"...Thanks

A HP seat that has a hole all the way though it normally goes to a balanced first stage and one without a hole is for an unbalanced first stage and the two don't mix as far as I know...With that said, I am not a DACOR expert. I do have a lot of OEM DACOR high pressure seats in the website store. You can also find DACOR manuals and schematics on the website as well.

Thanks OWIC647, How do I get to the website store? (new to this site) Thanks...

nevermind I found it...

Back
Top Bottom