DA Aquamaster ring removal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ClevelandDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone in the double hose crowd know what kind of tool I need to remove the ring part# 1000-14 from the body 1010-08? I am working on rebuilding one, but can't get that ring to budge. If it is a special tool, any idea where I can get one?

Thanks,

Mike

ClevelandDiver:
Anyone in the double hose crowd know what kind of tool I need to remove the ring part# 1000-14 from the body 1010-08? I am working on rebuilding one, but can't get that ring to budge. If it is a special tool, any idea where I can get one?

Thanks,

Mike

Get a soft bar of metal, like aluminum or brass, and tap it out with a hammer. That's how I got mine.

Thanks Creed.

I called my LDS and they might have an old tool that will work. Otherwise its HAMMER TIME.

I did find a shop that was selling the tool at one time, but the owner is the only one who handles any vintage requests and he is out of town for 3 weeks. Which means at least 4-5 weeks before I would get one, if they have any left. Way too long to wait...

ClevelandDiver:
Thanks Creed.

I called my LDS and they might have an old tool that will work. Otherwise its HAMMER TIME.

I did find a shop that was selling the tool at one time, but the owner is the only one who handles any vintage requests and he is out of town for 3 weeks. Which means at least 4-5 weeks before I would get one, if they have any left. Way too long to wait...

Yeah, when I first stripped mine down, I looked for a tool. Everyone, from the Sears guy to the guys at vintagedoublehost.com just told me to carefully knock it free with a hammer and an aluminum bar. So, I grabbed an old aluminum bar from a file cabinet, and went to town. It came free with minimal whacking :)

I concur, using a SOFT aluminum drift that fits nicely into the slots and with the regulator in your lap held tightly with your thighs, Tap it smartly with a medium ball peen hammer until the ring unscrews. It should not require excessive--metal deforming force. Use common sense.

Post this stuff in the Sea Hunt forum for best results. N

That salty old dog at my LDS pulled up in his van, exited out the passenger side (diver's door is broken) and walked right to the cabinet where he pulled out the spanner wrench. Man that thing is huge and heavy, but it worked like a charm! I removed the ring cleaned it all up and reassembled the reg. Works like a charm. Now I need to get back in the water and test it out.

Good, glad to hear it all worked out, let us know how it does for you in the water.N

Back
Top Bottom