D9txi software update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gizmo1972

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Hi Chris
you very kindly answered my concern over the deep stop function
i would love the ability to switch the deep stop function off in nitrox mode
you surgested the dx software update can you tell me what this will achieve for the D9txi?
and the cost also where to send it please
many thanks
Rob

gizmo,

In regards to your issue with the deep stop functionality of the D9tx, the Suunto fused algorithm which is in the DX works differently.

The Suunto DX with Suunto Fused RGBM is designed to bring the diver up towards surface by following the best and most efficient decompression glide path. The deeper the dive, the more likely it is that the deepstop (that is originally issued when descending) is not actually needed when ascending because the ceiling limits the ascent rate so that this also covers the time that was planned for the deepstop – this is perfectly normal and correct operation of the algorithm.
This is different than what was implemented in Suunto Technical RGBM where the deepstops were fixed and could not be substituted by diving according to the decompression ceiling limitation.

The software upgrade from D9tx --> DX is roughly $385 + freight charges. This upgrade is only done at Suunto headquarters in Finland. Let me know if this is something you would like to follow through with.

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom