D90 Aquatica housing S&S strobe help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CaptSaaz

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Ok, I got all set up with an Aquatica housing for my D90. I got have a pair of S&S YS-100 strobes for it connected with Nikonus bulkhead and cables. Assembled it all and did some trial shots. No flash from the strobes at all. Have it set up in manual mode as I don't have an iTTL converter for the S&S strobes.

The housing strobe control is set for manual mode. The strobes are set in manual mode. Cables seem to be seated correctly in the housing and strobes. What am I missing?

Solved! Two minor problems. The Aquatica housing manunal says ti comes with the strobe controller board set to manual. Ummm it was set to iTTL. Also I was attaching the connector to the hot shoe in the wrong direction. No illustration so I did what was obvious but not correct.

Life is good again... Wednesday we fly to Quito Ecuador and Sunday to the Galapagos Islands.

Great to hear...Now go shoot and post those pix....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom