D70 is going on holiday!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Well the time has come for my D70 to go on its first holiday (in a couple of weeks).

i have managed to get a little bit of time off work and shall be going to Thailand (taking the wife home and son to see the family) for 5 weeks over the Christmas holiday, oh yeah i have 3 days in Dubai as well just to break the journey up and see my mate from Uni as well and pick up some cheap camera gear :).

i am hoping to get to kho lak (SP?)(main land opposite Similans, and Phuket for diving, but also Bangkok, Phi Mai (SP?) to see some friends and get some country shots.

Having taken 1800 pictures (dry) with the camera (i am going to do a hell of an upgrade on my web space!!!) i am confident that i know my camera and hopefull of good results.

as a side note the software that comes with the d70 is very good, and i didn't realise just how good it was until i started to sort out a photo album for the in-laws.

some of the earlier photo's of Daniel are Oly raw and had to use the oly software and then i realised what a flakey piece of crap it was, it crashed twice, took ages to load and i almost gave up on it.

Oly have a long way to go to start to get anywhere near the quality of Nikonview!!

anyway i hope to have some good shots to show you.

clive francis:
Well the time has come for my D70 to go on its first holiday (in a couple of weeks).

My D70 (and kit lens) rolled in on Tuesday, with the rest rolling in the last few days (remote on Wed, SB800 and off-cam cable on Thurs, 12-14 W/A today) so I've been up nights reading and reading. Man....

Its an excellent system. It will be awhile before I house it up and take it below, but I'm very excited to be back in the format (having shot the Oly E20 DSLR for some time before downgrading back to the Oly C format to shoot UW.)

Let us know how it goes. I may kill diving this weekend to go shoot a few zillion shots locally to get in the groove with this thing. I haven't loaded the Nikon viewer yet - still using Oly's Comedy-ah for all this. That's probably tonight's project.

Enjoy!

Ken

Yes, Nikon View is really good, especially in comparison to Camedia that came with Oly. However, also take a look at Capture4 program. Unfortunately it is not free and over here in Thailand, it is about $US120 but well worth the price as well.

Back
Top Bottom