d70 dust inside i think!!please help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buleetu

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
hi guys

i got a second hand nikon d70 last week, its in really good condition and im delighted with it,. the thing is i have been really busy all week so i havent had a chance to go and take some outdoor pictures or anything,

i went for a walk with the dog today and took my new camera out with me, i took a couple of quick pictures while we were out and when i got home and put them on the laptop to have a look i was freaked to find one or 2 dust particles showing up in the pictures

i have cleaned the lens on either side but the dust is still showing, as i have never had an slr before im not sure if i can clean the mirror thing inside the camera body, would i mess up the camera if i done it, its seems really delicate in there

thanks guys

Sounds like dirt on the sensor (more correctly the protective film over the sensor).

This can be cleaned with a proper set-up (lots of options), you first have to lock-up the mirror and then clean the sensor. I have had to do this twice over the two year period I have owned my D200. If you are not comfortable doing this many camera shops offer this service.

thanks kids dream, ill go to the local camera shop and get a kit, i need to get one anyway im sure, i also need one of those dust blowing things for my lens and that , i tried to get dust off the lens of my small camera by blowing on it and the lens always fogged up and got streaked so im not gonna do it to this camera

thank god it can be cleaned out

thanks again kids dream

good luck with the camera! i have a d70s and love it! it's a great camera to get started with. I've had mine for about 2 years now and still don't know how to do everything.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom