D7 Pro Cordura ISS - what is the secret to removing wrist seals?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

James R

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I picked up my new drysuit at my local shop a few days back and would like to remove the seals to trim them a bit, but for the life of me I can't get them out! Is there a trick to doing this? I feel like I am about to rip the whole thing out of the sleeve. I watched a video on youtube on how to install them, and he made taking them out look way too easy.
:shocked2:

At least I wont need the suit for about four months so I guess I have plenty of time to figure out the seals and install my Halcyon p-valve.

Thanks!

Beuller? :(

Actually, I have the same issue with my D1 Hybrid. I figured, I better know how to change the seals of the suit, and sat down on day to try.
2 hours later, I've got very sore fingers and a suit with seals.

Suit: 1 Me: 0

I found out the hard way of replacing my neckseal, it split down the side.....

I also found that having a the cuff wet, helped. I don't know if it's a placebo or what but the few time I've opened the wrist seals, the cuffs have been wet.

I used a mix of warm water with a little dish soap in there to "lube" the cuff up before I put them back in. I really hope I don't have to do that again though!

We installed the Halcyon p-valves and they've cured, so now all that's left is to actually dive the suit...I've only tried it on & trimmed the seals a bit so far :D

Back
Top Bottom