D5 and transponder issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CanadaDan

Contributor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
For a couple of dive days I’ve been having a problem with my D5 and transponder.

I thought if might be the battery but had the same problem today after changing it.

First tank and dive I don’t get a pressure reading. I sit and breath off the regs to trigger the transponder but nothing shows on the D5. Second dive and tank of the day it works perfectly.

Oddly the logs show the proper initial starting and ending pressures for the FIRST dive but the PSI/BAR reading remains as - - - for the dive.

Anyone else experience this?

And yeah... let’s get this out of the way... I should have waited for the Shearwater watch style computer but I got caught in a “new, shiny and pretty” moment when the D5 arrived in my LDS.

suunto d5 computer

On a side note, you shouldn't have to breathe your regs to get the tank pod to link with your D5. Simply turn on your air.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom