D1 LP port question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

irishsquid

Contributor
Reaction score
This is a curiosity question more than anything else. I just purchased/received (2) D1 cold water 1st stages. They came bubble wrapped /sealed in the boxes and I noticed that one LP port in each reg didn't have a plug. Is there a reason for this? I am putting these regs up for the time being while I get the rest of my gear for SM diving. Should I be concerned that the ports are unplugged? Thanks.

I dont own any HOG regs, but I have owned TONS of other regs, and they all came with one port missing a plug....its for the hose that goes to the second stage. :)

if you're worried, just put a piece of tape or something over the open port.

This is normal. Hog does this as well as many other brands. A first stage doesn't do much good on it's own...
;-)

I dont own any HOG regs, but I have owned TONS of other regs, and they all came with one port missing a plug....its for the hose that goes to the second stage. :)

if you're worried, just put a piece of tape or something over the open port.
That is what I was planning. I may even have a plug or two in my scrap box.

...A first stage doesn't do much good on it's own...
;-)
:rofl3: Nice! I knew that. :wink: I 'm not sure how long it will be before I get the rest of my stuff and I was thinking about the humidity and if I should be concerned about it being open. Tape or a plug sounds like the answer.
Thanks for y'alls input. :)

If I were a betting man, it could also be a safety concern as well. Prevents people from putting the first stage on a tank, pressurizing it and not being able to get it off. Try to unscrew a port plug and it'll take your eye out. When I have bought and shipped used 1st stages, we've always put painters tape on em *no residue, so any sort of masking tape really* and it works fine

I recently got a D1 and it was also missing an LP plug. I would say Saxplayers reasoning is the most valid, in the name of safety of course.

If I were a betting man, it could also be a safety concern as well. Prevents people from putting the first stage on a tank, pressurizing it and not being able to get it off. Try to unscrew a port plug and it'll take your eye out. When I have bought and shipped used 1st stages, we've always put painters tape on em *no residue, so any sort of masking tape really* and it works fine

I recently got a D1 and it was also missing an LP plug. I would say Saxplayers reasoning is the most valid, in the name of safety of course.
Makes sense. I would have never thought of that Safety angle. Thanks!:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom