D-ring on wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

O2BBubbleFree:
Can anyone tell me why you would want a d-ring on the wing, like on this model?

Well, since there is no D-Rings on the webbing, I guess that's where they have to put it. Not very functional in my opinion, when the wing deflates, and something is haning from it, it may actually affect how the remaining air in the wing is distributed (trim).

Checked out the web page. First of all that handle on the back plate looks like it would stick into the back/neck...really looks uncomfortable...

The BC-003 X-Wing BCD is very similar to the TP-201 Tank Pack Device. However, for divers that would prefer to have some buoyancy compensating control, this X-Wing BCD gives you just that. What diver doesn't want buoyancy control..duh

1000 Denier Cordura for the utmost in durability

Dual cell removable internal bladders allows this bladder to be easily repaired if punctured

Compact shoulder and waist straps does not restrict movement while underwater And here I thought my bp/wing setup ws a straight jacket

2 Stainless Steel Shoulder D-Rings allow the diver to mount some dive accessories SOME dive accessories?

2 Over Pressure / Dump Valves (Right rear waist level and Inflator Hose Pull Dump How unique

Hire a better copy writer.

Thanks, Shaka and James. My impressions exactly, but thought I might be missing something.

SmokeAire:
Checked out the web page. First of all that handle on the back plate looks like it would stick into the back/neck...really looks uncomfortable...

Actually, I think it's identical to the plastic backpacks that have been in use for years. Mine's not uncomfortable at all.

SmokeAire:
The BC-003 X-Wing BCD is very similar to the TP-201 Tank Pack Device. However, for divers that would prefer to have some buoyancy compensating control, this X-Wing BCD gives you just that. What diver doesn't want buoyancy control..duh

As they state on their site, it's only for certain situations. There are situations where a bladder might not be desired.

SmokeAire:
1000 Denier Cordura for the utmost in durability

Dual cell removable internal bladders allows this bladder to be easily repaired if punctured

Compact shoulder and waist straps does not restrict movement while underwater And here I thought my bp/wing setup ws a straight jacket

2 Stainless Steel Shoulder D-Rings allow the diver to mount some dive accessories SOME dive accessories?

2 Over Pressure / Dump Valves (Right rear waist level and Inflator Hose Pull Dump How unique

Hire a better copy writer.

Much like all the other mfrs web sites...

I don't have any experience w/ this company, so don't really have any basis to defend them, but I'm not sure they're as evil as you suggest :wink:

O2BBubbleFree:
Actually, I think it's identical to the plastic backpacks that have been in use for years. Mine's not uncomfortable at all.

As they state on their site, it's only for certain situations. There are situations where a bladder might not be desired.

Much like all the other mfrs web sites...

I don't have any experience w/ this company, so don't really have any basis to defend them, but I'm not sure they're as evil as you suggest :wink:

In no way was I suggesting that this company was evil, I was just making fun of their ad copy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom