Czech lager

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Garrobo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm getting ready to brew a five gallon Czech lager. Planning to use Sazz hops and Saflager S23 yeast. Any comments?:dork2:

Sounds yummy. I've got an ale in the fermenter, but it's been so cold at night (well, cold for San Diego) maybe I should have done a lager.

all grain or extract?

I have a recipe kit for a maple dark ale that I am hoping to brew up next week.

maple dark ale sounds interesting, I'll have to look that up. The one in the fermenter is my 9 lb. Hammer, extract with steeping grains. I to lazy to do all grain.

IhateyouIhateyouIhateyouIhateyouIhateyouIhateyouIhateyouIhateyouIhateyou.

Since I moved into an apartment I haven't been able to brew a single damned batch :crying:

Closest I get to homebrew is reading my old brewing books...

Bryan

EDIT: in reply to the actual topic of this thread, it sounds yummy. I'm an ale man myself, but there's nothing like a nice cold lager after mowing the lawn.

All grain or extract? I went to an all grain system about 10 years and haven't looked back:

Mash2.JPG

The above picture shows the system set up as HERMS.

The important question how are you going to do the lagering? Gotta be able to get it down into the 40s and maintain it for a couple of months. Anything short of that and IMHO you will probably not quite get the results you hope.

I typically start mine in November and leave them till March. I did not get any going this year cause of other projects. But I am consoling myself by drinking my 3 year old lambics :D.

Isn't it easier to go to the nearest market and just simply buy few bottles?

Of, I forgot, you guys are not Czech neighbours :p
:D:D:D

All grain or extract? I went to an all grain system about 10 years and haven't looked back:

Mash2.JPG

The above picture shows the system set up as HERMS.

Hope you don't have any DEA agents in the area...that rig looks mighty suspicious...been buying a lot of decongestant lately? :no:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom