Cypress Springs pics 1/8/05

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaYoda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I made it all the way to Cypress Spring today. I tried out the new 512 XD with some RAW images. The workload for PS7 is more than I'm used to so I'll post only a few for now. It was a beautiful place!!!!!!

26242cavern-med.jpg

26242plants2-med.jpg

26242plants-med.jpg

Those are beautiful....so peaceful! I love the lighting on the first one.

I just starting shooting RAW, too. And I just added a 512XD card! The processing is getting a little quicker but still takes more time than JPG. Well worth the trouble, though.

Pics came out great Bill, we have some pictures from the same area, at nearly the same angles - course, your pics came out much better(makes me miss the Oly).

Compare your first with this pic

Compare your second with this pic

..and I'll add some of my pics from the dive Saturday :)

Carp2.sized.jpg

Carp in the Cavern

Turtle.sized.jpg

Turtle digging itself into the smaller fissure

It was an excellent dive with incredible visibility(despite the monsoon earlier).

Dee:
Those are beautiful....so peaceful! I love the lighting on the first one.

I just starting shooting RAW, too. And I just added a 512XD card! The processing is getting a little quicker but still takes more time than JPG. Well worth the trouble, though.
Are you using PS7 still or did you move up to CS? If you are still using 7 I'd could use any pointers on workflow that you have. This was my first dive full of RAW and it is a bit overwhelming. I'm used to just popping up the browser and playing with the pics - now I add conversion and adjustments before it even looks like it did in the camera.

My new quest is a 2 GIG CF card. I'll have so many junk pictures I won't ever have to do more than 2 dives a year to keep me busy in PS :D.

SuPrBuGmAn,
Nice Turtle and Carp pics - and yes I love my OLY!!!!!! Can't wait till you get a new one.

SeaYoda:
Are you using PS7 still or did you move up to CS? If you are still using 7 I'd could use any pointers on workflow that you have. This was my first dive full of RAW and it is a bit overwhelming. I'm used to just popping up the browser and playing with the pics - now I add conversion and adjustments before it even looks like it did in the camera.

My new quest is a 2 GIG CF card. I'll have so many junk pictures I won't ever have to do more than 2 dives a year to keep me busy in PS :D.

I'm using PS7...can't really justify the cost of CS. Well, I'm still working on actual workflow but so far I open the RAW file and play with the sliders in order down to the sharpness and contrast. I really can't see any difference when those are adjusted in RAW. If the colors are really off I play with the eyedroppers a bit. At this point I consider it just playing to see what each slider really does, but I'm learning it pretty quick. Once I'm finished and it's converted to jpg, I go into brightness/contrast and maybe add a bit of contrast. The last thing I do is the unsharp mask. I save it first as a PS file in case I want to go back to it for some reason. If I'm going to post it on the web somewhere, I then go into Save for Web and size it to what I need.

I'm sure there are better ways and I'm open to suggestions, especially from you folks who are more used to PS, but it's working so far.

Dee:
I'm using PS7...can't really justify the cost of CS. ...
I can't either.

I'm using the plug-in converter. At first I converted using the RGB only button but that left some real color work to do - now I let the converter do all it can and then I take over. It gets things in the ball park faster than when I did it myself.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom