Cylinder shotblast

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alban

Contributor
Reaction score
I have recently had a cylinder back and it had an internal shotblast. I assume it was for rust as it not an O2 cyl I am a little puzzled as to how this could have happened. I nearly allways have it filled at the same shop and it has never been fully discharged.is there any advise as to prevent this again ? would asking for clean air help even though it's not a nitrox cylinder.

many thanks Alban

Does the shop that fills your tank use a water bath? If you remember back a few months ago when everyone was talking about the tank that was in such poor condition and ruptured during filling killing the shop owner, this was one thing that came out of that. If the end of the filler gets dropped into the water by mistake and then is used to fill a tank, it can get water into the tank. This would be a very small amount, but was listed as a possibility.

Just an idea, I am not saying this is what has happened.

Later, Hawk.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom